A robust Governance system is a hallmark of well performing organisations.
A Healthcare Board needs to focus on care, quality and the resident experience and demonstrate, both internally and externally, understanding of their business. A Boards’ role is to provide strong leadership and evidence to stakeholders of:
- A strong strategic vision
- Transparent and measurable quality systems providing stakeholder confidence to deliver safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led services
- Services that are sustainable and fit for purpose
- Robust operational, financial and management processes as part of an integrated governance system
- Strong understanding and proactive response to market forces and pressures
Observing many healthcare operators over many years enables us to identify what an excellent Governance Framework looks like.